Samba goes to Law School

While my most of my fellow business school students (yes Tony, I know you are taking Mergers & Acquisitions) are grooving to the MBA tune, I have ventured across the conceptual divide to take a class at the Vanderbilt Law School. Here are some random thoughts:

1. They don’t speak English at the law school.
  2. I thought it was a great idea to take a class in Estate and Gift Taxation as it would give me a good foundation to speak with ultra high net-worth clients when I am in the wealth management world post-graduation… but now I have realized why we all need Trust and Estate lawyers
  3. I am an avid reader. I have read most of the classics and have finished every book I have picked up except for War and Peace… I am still working on that. I even read text books on compiler construction and android epistemology in college… but nothing comes close to the utter lack of comprehension I experience when I read my law school text book.
  4. The law class is harder than all the business school classes I have taken… and for those who think I am slacking this module… take a hike.
  5. I am so impressed with the law school faculty. Our professor for the course makes the material so enjoyable… I love going to class because it is a completely different way thinking and teaching. He is a distinguished trust and estate lawyer… he cleverly breaks down the material by filling each part with stories… all while backing it up with the statues.

I wish I had a career counselor who would have advised me to get a JD/MBA. I strongly believe that it arms you with the ability to understand the world from the perspective of an economist while being able to articulate thoughts and ideas based on the lessons that we have learned from years judicial history. Law school provides some much needed conceptual context that most of us in the business school could definitely benefit from.

L to R: Jose, Yujin, Samba, Kat, Markus – and no, the picture has no relevance to this blog entry.

The samba has definitely lost his rhythm…

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

33 Responses to Samba goes to Law School

1. It only alters three of the iPhone’s original files to
    get the business done. All you need would be to follow the directions
    carefully. Repositories are online servers featuring various software packages.

2. Mitch says:

Check if the unlock iphone 4 software requires that the telephone is jail busted.
    Measure six: Unwind and luxuriate in while Redsn0w does others in the business for your needs.
    It is simple to do such and when you know the steps to follow.

3. ce lien says:

Merci pour votre article qui m’aide à y
    voir plus claire.

4. Merci grandement pour vos trouvaillens !

5. ce site says:

Merci énormément pour cet article, c’est vraiment très clair et
    très utile !

6. url says:

Merci, je n’y avait même pas pensé. Merveilleux !

7. beeliz.fr says:

Bonjour et bravo pour ce blog, je suis déjà fan !

8. disc jockey says:

Because the admin of this site is working, no uncertainty very rapidly it will be renowned,
    due to its quality contents.

9. la clef says:

Merci pour toutes ces infos !

10. Derrick says:

It cannot be denied that, (although not being accepted by all people in the society at any one time), it is from a sense of morality
    from whichlaws and rules of societies arise and these have helped to ensure
    order and stability in society and prevent abuse and oppression of the weak
    by the strong in society. The phrase can also reference things such as awards the
    company has won for operating in excellence and integrity. Now,
    what to do about upper management, horrible clients and all those suppliers and vendors you’ve insulted.

11. merci says:

merci pour cet article très complet.

12. sbo222 says:

Undeniably imagine that which you stated. Your favourite reason appeared to be on the
    net the easiest factor to understand of. I say to you, I certainly get annoyed while people consider issues that they just do not recognise about.
    You managed to hit the nail upon the highest as smartly as defined out the entire
    thing without having side-effects , folks could take a signal.
    Will probably be again to get more. Thanks

13. webhosting says:

Currently it seems like Movable Type is the best blogging platform available right
    now. (from what I’ve read) Is that what you are using on your blog?

14. The different types of topics they specified on forums vary but nutrition is ever one of
    the most golden topics for the similar. One such fact is that the internet allows
    three major things including access to content, communication and self-expression. Social and networking
    are two different words but when they are combined, it makes a useful concept.

15. Hi there to all, as I am in fact keen of reading this weblog’s post to be updated on a regular basis.
    It includes nice material.

16. Alexis says:

Of course, before you can get to this stage, you need
    to understand the way to jailbreak iPad tablets. Sit back, and attempt
    not to have a heart attack. Not or to jailbreak to jailbreak, that’s the question.

17. Kerstin says:

I do agree with all of the ideas you’ve offered on your post.

They are very convincing and will definitely work.
    Nonetheless, the posts are too brief for newbies. May just you please lengthen them a little from subsequent time?
    Thank you for the post.

18. After contracting the condition, nearly all
    women will show signs and symptoms of a preliminary outbreak within the next 2 to
    10 times.

19. reggae says:

Hello, constantly i used to check weblog posts here early in the morning,
    as i enjoy to learn more and more.

20. My relatives all the time say that I am wasting my time here at net,
    however I know I am getting familiarity every day by reading thes good articles.

21. Iron Man three ‘ The Official Game from the upcoming Marvel film is a free-to-play recreation, however if you want, you
    possibly can enrich your experience by buying recreation gadgets
    to spice up your progress!

22. I really like reading a post that will make men and women think.
    Also, thanks for allowing for me to comment!

23. Tom says:

I enjoy, lead to I found exactly what I used to be having a look for.
    You’ve ended my four day lengthy hunt! God Bless you man. Have a great day.

Bye

24. Thiss iss the theory, for the actual mechanics of how
    it works you are going to invest a little more time than simply reading a blog post.
    Youu should make sure that the dropshipping firm
    you choose hhas a reassonable anual and processing fee.
    Strengthen your relationship with your loved one by choosing from our wide selection of Wholesale Embroidery Blanks for living
    needs and the home.

25. Wearing hats while cooking also keeps hair bback so it does not
    gget into the food preparation process. Though Sale – Hoo is one of the most
    popular websites, it is advised that you do complete research by checking
    their website. But you need to discover the ethics off using e-mail marketing software first.

26. This enables you to stock tthe right products at the right time.

Sale – Hoo listing more likely has those aforementioned
    features. Another concept of drop shipping has shown a new path to trade off electronic products and made
    buying and selling easier for everyone.

27. baju 5000 says:

Salee – Hoo gives the access to everyone to these different companies.
    It iss important tto choose a market that is not already saturated with similoar products,
    however. Most will chargge a onetime access
    fee for a lifetime membership.

28. However, if you mull over this fact seriously then yyou will underestand that buying something in bulk
    does noot mean that you are wasting time but in other words, you are
    saving a lot of time. Consider how mucdh you are
    willing to put outt as ann investment andd the knowledge and mastery
    of how to set the price for each diamondd inn order for you tto be sure that you will earn money.

In Sale – Hoo listing, dat about suppliers, products and its prrices and latest market
    trend in wholesale business are completely aand accordingly listed.

29. Sanora says:

So a search by a new visitor for a product that Amazon doesnt sellwhich results in a sale through the merchantmeans
    that Amazon has acquired a new customer. Wedding photography is an art which can make you well
    known in eyes of the most beautiful couples who are planning to get married sooner or later.
    This company is always looking forward to making customer’s friend jealous.

30. I loved as much as you will receive carried out right here.

The sketch is tasteful, your authored subject matter stylish.
    nonetheless, you command get bought an nervousness over that you wish be delivering the following.

unwell unquestionably come further formerly again since exactly the same nearly a lot often inside case you shield this increase.

31. And it has completed many more events than other companies.
    you change bun up salon dresses, on the gels, that are number of
    haircut you’ll want. If anyone searching the best wedding photography or
    any events photography then this company is the best company ever have had.

32. Shona says:

Hello to every one, it’s genuinely a pleasant for me to visit this website, it includes precious Information.

33. What are you taking in Mod 3?

Owen students talk about Corporate Valuation being the most challenging class they take at Owen, I am starting to think otherwise. Taxation is probably the most challenging yet intellectually rewarding course that I have taken in my educational career….